Review Cycle Analytics for Traders, + Downloadable Software: Advanced Technical Trading Concepts
by JOHN EHLERS
This serves as a technical primer for independent traders who desire to acquire knowledge on the scientific underpinnings of trading instruments and their advantages in the overall trading activity. Theories and practices all derived from researches, case studies, and history are comprehensively presented in this book. Interesting solutions were reinforced by time-tested findings but daunting as these concepts may appear, one does not have to fear this guide as it centers on simplicity rather than carrying out intimidating mathematical and complex statistical discussion.
Utilizing a pragmatic lens, discussions were rendered to ensure effectiveness and knowledge acquisition. Cycle Analytics for Traders will challenge the current trading psychology of traders, asking interesting queries about indicators and strategies and their relevance to frequency and time domain. Generally, this guide will let traders personalize and create the most viable system enough to produce optimum trading performance.
If one is looking for a detailed explanation of trading filters and strategies, this book comprehensively offers discussions on related and crucial matters including:
- Spectral dilation and utilization of such to ace trading
- Proper ways of using Automatic Gain Control to moderate general indicator fluctuations
- Price movements in price and frequency framework
- Simplifying highly complicated cookbook filters
- Utilization of transforms for a more accurate and clear interpretation of indicators
- The statistical importance of indicators
About the Author
JOHN F. EHLERS is an electrical engineer and a private trader. His fields of expertise are Fields and Waves and Information Theory. He holds BSEE and MSEE from the University of Missouri, and later on, he pursued Dissertation at The George Washington University.
Table of Contents
About the Author
- Chapter 1- Unified Filter Theory
- Chapter 2- SMAs, EMA, or Other?
- Chapter 3- Smoothing Filters on Steroids
- Chapter 4- Decyclers
- Chapter 5- Band-Pass Filters
- Chapter 6- Market Structure and the Hurst Coefficient
- Chapter 7- Spectral Dilation
- Chapter 8- Autocorrelation
- Chapter 9- Fourier Transforms
- Chapter 10- Comb Filter Spectral Estimates
- Chapter 11- Adaptive Filters
- Chapter 12- The Even Better Sinewave Indicator
- Chapter 13- Convolution
- Chapter 14- The Hilbert Transformer
- Chapter 15- Indicator Transforms
- Chapter 16- SwamiCharts
- Chapter 17- Swing-Trading Strategies
About the Website