About the book
This book will open the reader to startup investing and why it is an essential part for investors. Most wealthy investors in the United States began with a simple investment in a startup.
In 2016, investing in startup companies became public, and so any willing investor was allowed the chance to invest in the startup company of their choice. On average, the return of a startup investment reaches up to 27%, which is 4x higher than the 7.4% annual return on average when investing in stocks.
However, this does not take away the fact that investing in startups leads to higher risks, aside from high potential returns. A study found that more than 50% of startups fail to produce returns to angel investors.
When wealthy investors were asked why they were eager to explore venture capital and startup investing, they said that these alternative investments were their second-largest investment next to their own business.
This is an enjoyable book to read and provides valuable information on startup investing as another major investment. It shows the pros and cons of venture capital, how to invest right, and why the wealthiest investors say that startup investing was among the best decisions they made in life.
This book delves into the world of investing, its risks, and potential returns. It weighs the pros and cons of investing in startups as an angel investor. It shows to readers that despite risks, a successful investment in a startup can be very fulfilling and profitable.
About the Author
Joseph Hogue is a financial analyst, blogger, and freelancer. He began his career in freelance in 2011 and eventually worked full-time. In turn, it helped Hogue become financially independent. He is proud to say that he has full control of his financial future. He worked as an investment analyst for almost ten years. He also manages a blog where he shares his views on personal finance, investing, making money, and crowdfunding.
Table of Contents
- What is Equity Crowdfunding Investing?
- Crowdfunding Investing Risks and Returns
- Understanding the Funding Cycle in Crowdfunding Investing
- Types of Crowdfunding Deals and Investment Analyzing Crowdfunding Deals
- My Quick Deal Checklist to Weed Out the Losers Researching the Market Opportunity Forecasting Startup Financials
- Will Management Sabotage Your Crowdfunding Investment?
- Startup Investing Risks and How to Manage Them
- Putting a Price on a Startup – 3 Valuation Methods
- After the Investment – Managing Your Money
- Exit Strategies – How Investors Make Money
- A Strategic Investing Strategy to Minimize Risks and Maximize Returns
- Pinterest: A Case Study
- Is Crowdfunding Investing Still for You?
- A Special Request
- Crowdfunding Investor Resources Get the Best Pre-IPO Opportunities Now