Review Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
by ANDREAS M. ANTONOPOULOS
Thought of as complex, but altogether rewarding once you are able to learn the ropes through, trading Bitcoins is fast becoming the future of finance. As such, getting all caught up with the industry is desirable; knowing Bitcoin well, from its behavior in the context of market movement and its presence beside other assets, and the best times to trade it, is tantamount to success in the digital coin game.
The book, “Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain” is a masterful work that traces the beginnings of the digital currency to the kind of technology that allows its continued existence through active trading.
About the Author
A tech-entrepreneur who had brought to life a number of lucrative businesses across the globe, Mr. Andreas Antonopoulos is a holder of degrees in Computer Science and Data Communications and Distributed Systems from UCL. Mr. Antonopoulos boasts of a wide range of experience in hardware and electronics and high-level business and financial systems technology. He regularly consults as CTO/CIO/CSO in a number of companies.
Table of Contents
The book purposefully includes the following discussions:
- A detailed introduction to Bitcoin to walk non-technical users and other financial entities not well-versed through the basics of the digital currency
- An explanation of the technical aspect of Bitcoin and cryptographic currencies
- A delineation of the Bitcoin decentralized network and security system.
- New developments in the Bitcoin system such as Segregated Witness, Payment Channels, and Lightning Network
- A more comprehensive discussion on keys, addresses, and wallets used in trading Bitcoin
- The understanding of highly-technical Bitcoin concepts through anecdotes and analogies