Review The Only Investment Guide You’ll Ever Need
by ANDREW TOBIAS
One of the favorite books among investors is the classic, The Only Investment Guide You’ll Ever Need is definitely a topnotch, as it lives up to its title. Andrew Tobias made investing look so easy as he presented tips and insightful ideas about investing in a simple, readable manner.
Some of the salient points presented in the books include:
- Your income should be more than your expenses;
- There is no definite way to get rich speedily; and
- If your expenses exceed your income, determine whether those expenses can be forgone with equanimity.
Discover what’s in store for you as you invest and use this powerful investment guide.
About the Author
Andrew Tobias is an American writer who is well-versed in investing, insurance, and even politics. His influential books, including The Best Little Boy in the World and The Only Investment Guide You’ll Ever Need making him one of the more popular writers of his generation. He served as treasurer at the Democratic National Committee.
Table of Contents
The book is simply structured with these topics covered:
The Big Picture
Par One – Minimal Risk
- If I’m So Smart, How Come This Book Won’t Make You Rich?
- A Penny Saved Is Two Pennies Earned
- You CAN Get By on $165,000 a Year
- Trust No One
- The Case for Cowardice
- Tax Strategies
Part Two – The Stock Market
- Meanwhile, Down at the Track
- Choosing (to ignore) Your Broker
- Hot Tips, Inside Information – and Other Fine Points
- Kids, Spouse, Heirs, Folks
- What to Do If You Inherit a Million Dollars; What to Do Otherwise
Earning 177% on Bordeaux
How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
How Much Social Security Will You Get?
A Few Words About Taxes and Our National Debt
Cocktail Party Financial Quips to Help You Feel Smug
Selected Discount Brokers
Selected Mutual Funds
Fun with Compound Interest
Still Not Sure What to Do?